Saturday, July 7, 2018

If you are science fiction fan... read on

So, for the last week I have been on vacation, been lazy, and doing little as possible, except trying to keep my house tidy.

Anyhoo... I've been indulging in old sci-movies and I thought that I would share a list of must-sees, if you haven't seen them already.

My most favorite of all time:  The Forbidden Planet this movie was the main reason, I believe, Star Trek was created.  You will find aspects of this movie woven into many episodes of Star Trek, and I mean Star Trek not the vomitous version from Abrams or STD.

All the others, in any order:

  The Time Machine

  The Blob

The Day the Earth Stood Still

Them!

The War of the Worlds

Cheesy, funny and just for laughs...

The Queen of Outer Space

4 comments:

  1. Ah, to be on vacation!! If I could binge watch, it would be:

    1) Lord of the Rings

    2) Emma (the BBC version)

    3) Downton Abbey

    I think I've seen a a lot of those movies you've seen, though. I used to watch a lot of Star Trek in the 70's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. May I suggest a truly funny, warm-heated, horror flick---
    A movie within a movie, to you?

    Check out "MANT", starring John Goodman. ostensibly set in 1962 Key West, Florida, during the Atomic standoff with Cuba
    then laugh your butt off!
    Here's the YouTube 'MANT' trailer:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_kTbWDxITw

    ReplyDelete

All civil dialogue is welcome. However, I will delete comments that include any of the following:
1. Any use of profanity or abusive language
2. Off topic comments and spam
3. Use of personal invective

HAPPY NEW YEAR - 2024

 May God's great and love and blessings cover you this coming year.